- We are an equal opportunity housing provider. We fully comply with the federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, familial status, marital status, or age. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
- Apartment Availability Policy. Apartments become available to lease when they have had all necessary repairs and cleaning done for the new resident. Because we do not have model apartments to show, you may look at an apartment to view carpet and layout, however no lease will be signed until the apartment is ready to move into. A deposit may be taken to hold an apartment until it is made ready.
- Occupancy Guidelines. To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in an apartment. In a one bedroom we allow 2 persons in a roommate situation or 3 persons who are family. In a two bedroom we allow 4 persons in a roommate situation or 5 who are family. In a three bedroom we allow 6 persons in a roommate situation or 8 who are family. We allow two pets per apartment. They must stay under 35lbs. A pet agreement must
be signed, pet fee of $350 (per pet) must be paid prior to the animal going into the apartment, and there is a $25 pet fee per month for one pet, or $35 for two pets.
- Roommates. Non-family situations and persons not married by law will be considered roommates. In a roommate situation each person must fill out an application, qualify on his/her own merits.
- Application Process. When the application is returned, it must be filled out completely. At that time, a non-refundable $35 application fee per adult needs to be paid for processing. A deposit must be placed on an apartment to hold it off the market. Your age, credit report, rental history, background check and
employment will be verified. This process takes one to two days. If your application is approved, your deposit will be based on the rent of the desired apartment. Once you are approved, you have 24 hours to change your mind and receive your deposit back in full. If you change your mind after 24 hours, any deposit being held will be forfeited to Affinity Properties LLC. (Note: If you sign our lease within this 24 hours, you will be held to the lease agreement). If your application is denied, any deposit paid will be refunded, but the application fee will not be refunded. We will rent available apartments to applicants in the order that their applications are approved.
- Rental Criteria. To qualify for an apartment, the following criteria will be examined:
- Age. The person signing the lease must be at least age 18 and be the one living in the apartment.
- Identification. You must furnish us with a copy of a Photo ID with date of birth.
- Income. Gross monthly income must be at least three times the monthly rent (excluding child support). We require that you provide 2 months of paystubs to verify income. Applicant must have a work history of 6 months or longer. We will call your employer to verify length of time employed. If you are unemployed, you must provide proof of a source of income.
- Rental history. You must have a satisfactory rental reference from at least one current and/or prior landlord. If you have ever damaged property, been evicted, and/or been sued for any lease violation, we will reject your application.
- Credit History. Your credit report must be satisfactory with no public records or collection items. If there are any public records or collection items, your credit will be considered negative regardless of the fico score.
- Criminal/Background – Your background check will be ordered and reviewed.
IF ONE OR MORE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS FOR INCOME, RENTAL HISTORY, OR CREDIT HISTORY IS
NOT MET, YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER INTO A LEASE WITH AFFINITY PROPERTIES LLC.